In an earlier post we showed a start up on a pretty rare Rikuō engine, so we thought everyone might want to see an update. Here’s how the bike is coming along.
Thought you guys might want to see some of this – we’ve recently developed some jigs to straighten and repair both early and late JD frames.
Here are some miscellaneous photos of repairs on both a 1920 JT , and a 1928 JD.
Not one of the usual Harley engines we build here, but hey – everyone needs a weekend project
Some updates on the 60, the chassis is all done and it’s now a ‘roller.
Paint is in the paint shop, it’s going to be hi-fi turquoise and birch. This was a very rare optional color from the factory. Big thanks to Tillman who loaned us some original Harley sheetmetal in this color – we were able to color match against some original 1965 pieces. We removed a few parts to match against a place that the sun has never shown.
Here are a few photos updating the progress on the 28 racer.
Took the knuckleheads out a few days ago to meet a few of their old friends.
Here are some photos showing the engine teardown on the 1926 – more updates to come as we move along.
Today’s post is a guest piece written by Don Caldwell. Don brought us a pile of parts that used to be a 1926 Harley and this is its story so far.
Thank you Don for the story and the chance to help share this with the world.