In an earlier post we showed a start up on a pretty rare Rikuō engine, so we thought everyone might want to see an update. Here’s how the bike is coming along.
Thought you guys might want to see some of this – we’ve recently developed some jigs to straighten and repair both early and late JD frames.
Here are some miscellaneous photos of repairs on both a 1920 JT , and a 1928 JD.
Some updates on the 60, the chassis is all done and it’s now a ‘roller.
Paint is in the paint shop, it’s going to be hi-fi turquoise and birch. This was a very rare optional color from the factory. Big thanks to Tillman who loaned us some original Harley sheetmetal in this color – we were able to color match against some original 1965 pieces. We removed a few parts to match against a place that the sun has never shown.
Took the knuckleheads out a few days ago to meet a few of their old friends.
Here are some photos showing the engine teardown on the 1926 – more updates to come as we move along.
As an update to the previous post – here is the engine setup on the run stand for it’s first start in 15+ years. You can see the bagged engine in the last update.
A customer tore this bike down 15 years ago by a customer of ours, who had us rebuild the engine, tranmission, and quite a few components.
But after that the project stalled for a decade and a half.
Through a twist of fate, the bike is now back in our hands where we’ve pulled it out of mothball and are now setting off to restore the motorcycle.
It’s time this bike was back together and out there being enojoyed.
More updates to come.
Didn’t have time to start it up this week, ran outta time – but hoping to get it started early next week and film a video of the process.
Here’s a gallery of images (and captions) showing some of the build process.
And here’s a video of the initial startup. The ‘runstand’ that it’s sitting on is actually a product of ours that we’ve been refining to eventually manufacture and offer to the public. We can run engines on them from the 30’s – 90’s.